This position is ideal for someone who shares our values, is committed to service and has a strong work ethic.
We encourage you to apply!
Accepting Applications until April 19th,2018
Interviews to be held April 23- May 11
Start day May 21st, 2018
Executive DIrector (E.D.)
Reports to: the Board of Directors
This is a full time, year round position requiring some evening and weekend work for an average 40 hour work week.
This is a salaried position.
Competitive compensation based on qualifications
Submit resume, cover letter and references at Our Online Application
Or find the link on our website at www.plentylocal.org
Identify, cultivate, apply and maintain funding from grants, foundations, community organizations, corporations and individuals. Create an annual development plan and implement.
Maintain positive, authentic and engaged working relationships with community partners. Including but not limited to local government, volunteers, community members, the Board, fellow non-profits, organizations, schools, and local businesses.
Work with the Board of Directors to accomplish our strategic goals, set new goals, chart the course and follow through.
Be an advocate for Plenty! In the community. Share our story; tell the community, and donors through letter writing, e-newsletter, publications, social media and marketing outreach.
Supervise a staff of at least two employees and many dedicated volunteers and interns. The supervisor and leader of the organization is responsible for setting the tone for the organization. The E.D. will need to delegate work, analyze and manage skill sets and training so that community, programmatic and staffing needs are met.
- Manage the volunteer database
- Manage the donor base with timely reporting to donors and stakeholders
- Track patronage and evaluate programs
- Work with the finance committee to monitor income and expenses and maintain fiscal responsibility
- Keep the office organizational systems efficient and up to date.
Be a good neighbor
Plenty! as an organization was founded on neighbors helping neighbors. The executive director must be a good neighbor. The E.D. must uphold and embody the values of the organization.
- Be of service
- Listen, relate, respect, connect & share
- Care about the welfare of others
Preference will be given to a candidate who has
- 4 year degree or higher
- Ability to multitask and prioritize the needs of the moment, the day, and long term projects.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks- ability to draft and manage a budget.
- Familiarity with WordPress a plus
- An understanding of our programs, projects and strategic plan.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to relate to people of all walks of life without discrimination based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, lifestyle, socioeconomic background, age, ability, political or religious beliefs.
- Clear, effective communication. Verbal and in writing. Some public speaking and facilitation is required.
- Ability to bring passion and creative thinking to work
- Leadership skills. The ability to model, inspire, motivate and create change.
- At least 2 years working in business or nonprofit management preferred.
- Fundraising and grant writing experience preferred, federal grant experience a plus.
- Experience leading and coordinating a volunteer workforce
- Strong marketing experience to bring to our community and donor relations
- Familiarity with agriculture and farming systems a plus
- An understanding of rural life a plus. A knowledge of Floyd preferred.